Head of Pack – Digital Marketing for Start-ups from Wilderness Agency
Pack offers Digital Marketing for start-ups, scale-ups and challenger brands. We work with some of Europe’s most exciting startup businesses to reach the next stage.
We are looking for an experienced team manager to lead the direction and delivery of campaigns. You will have experience handling a variety of clients and campaigns, management of internal and external teams, and overseeing business development and new business direction.
The role reports directly into the Managing Director with additional support from the pack Project Manager.
The role is responsible for pack’s team growth. You will also be responsible for pack’s business development and marketing, overseeing all processes and evaluating those that can be streamlined for team efficiency. You will be required to implement these changes and establish a clear communication chain through your team and across departments.
You are expected to display excellent attention to detail along with strong written and verbal communication skills. This will involve analysing workflow and identifying potential vacancies within the pack team.
A key requirement is to demonstrate strong leadership skills in order to support the growth and development of your direct reports. You will work closely with the MD and OM to set and monitor quarterly KPIs for the pack team, involving regular 1-2-1s.
The successful candidate will have experience in new business and have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the entire client portfolio, including future clients.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Oversee the delivery of strategic social media management across your client base. This includes but is not limited to: being across copy, comms, ads, brainstorms, briefing & feedback, reporting and monitoring budget allocation.
- Manage the annual budget – keeping pack’s P&L up to date.
- Preparing and leading regular client updates, calls and meetings and presenting reports. Feeding back to the wider team the outcomes and actions.
- Oversee the content creation with the in-house creative team; checking briefs, supporting your direct reports and the content team in order to create the smoothest process possible.
- Oversee the direction of pack’s client portfolio. Work alongside the Managing Director to create, implement and manage a growth plan for the agency.
- Attend regular new business meetings for pack and Wilderness to help drive new leads.
- Network and cultivate lasting relationships with potential clients and partners.
- Create and present pitch decks to secure new clients.
- With the support of the pack Project Manager, define and implement pack’s marketing activity including social strategy, podcast and competition series.
- Lead on the new website delivery and implementation of tracking and analytics data.
- Oversee and manage the pack team, offering support and expertise on strategic decisions where necessary.
- Identify potential vacancies within pack and have an active role in recruitment, including interviews and creating growth plans for each direct report. This will also include team restructuring.
- Schedule monthly 1-2-1s and quarterly performance and development reviews with your direct reports to discuss their growth and support their development.
- Have an active role in team events and company culture.
- Sharing and presenting internal learnings with the wider team.
- Setting a precedent and being an example to team members; time management, arrival times, quality of work, positive impact during team meetings, challenging assumptions and looking for solutions to challenges.
What we require:
3+ years experience in new business/branding
In-depth knowledge of branding and new business