Head of Paid Media & Insights
Head of Paid Media & Insights
We are looking for a Head of Paid Media & Insights to join our central team, either in London or Amsterdam.
The successful candidate will need to be available immediately or for a February start date.
The role reports directly into the Managing Director and it is your responsibility to share expertise and support across all divisions of the agency.
The role is to be an internal resource and expert across all areas of media planning, strategy, and buying as well as overseeing insights and reporting for the entire agency. You will also share knowledge and expertise across the agency as well as aiding the professional development of paid media planners and buyers. You will work closely with the Heads of Business to identify growth opportunities and recruitment requirements across media.
Your primary focus is to work closely with teams across divisions to support execution of best practise and to encourage a culture of excellence across media.
You will have line-management responsibility for other central Media and Insights staff, starting with the Insights Lead. You will also be responsible for managing the agency-wide media spend budget and ensure allocation is managed and reported to the Senior Leadership team. As well as this, you will help to deliver the marketing and new business strategy for PACK (our performance marketing product) and have oversight over the delivery of marketing and new business for WSA (our training and upskilling product – which will be executed by Insights Lead).
You will be responsible for sharing regular industry updates with the wider team and maintaining relationships with key platform stakeholders as well as responsibility for our media and insights tools and future technology requirements.
Areas of Responsibility:
– Act as a central resource across all areas of media and insights.
– Support the professional development of Paid Media Planners and Buyers within the agency.
– Work closely with the Head(s) of Business to identify areas for growth with our retained clients, supporting them and their teams to pitch new campaigns/projects.
– Support the central team with all new business pitches
– Lead knowledge sharing and professional development of media/insights company-wide.
– Line-management responsibility for Insights Lead and other future roles within Media and Insights.
– Management of media spend financial tracker – reporting actual and forecast figures to SLT
– Advocate for innovation, strategic thinking and optimisation
– Support the HoB with the recruitment of new media/insights hires
– Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders of all social platforms (FB, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok, YouTube, LinkedIn etc).
– Oversee the relationships with external stakeholders for our Media and Insights tools and future technology requirements across insights, strategy, listening, reporting, and planning and buying.
– Set a precedent and be an example to team members; time management, arrival times, quality of work, positive impact during team meetings, challenging assumptions and looking for solutions to challenges.
– Detailed understanding of the company’s full client portfolio and supporting other teams to deliver campaigns and client projects where scope allows.
– Have an active role in team events and company culture.
– At least 3-4 years experience in a similar role.
– Strong understanding and ability to interpret data in financial reports.
– Confidence in budgeting and setting benchmarks/KPIs.
– Experience leading a team and upskilling colleagues.
– Keen interest in new business with strong communication and negotiation skills in pitches/proposals.
– Passion for the conscious use of media.
– Preferable knowledge of specialised programming languages such as Python, R, SQL etc.
– Strong experience with media planning and buying across; Paid Social, Search, Programmatic, SEO
– Knowledge of CTV and other areas
– Awareness and a strong understanding of all media platforms, including but not limited to;
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google, YouTube, Amazon
Wilderness values diversity and we are committed to providing a working environment in which all staff members are recognised and provided with equal opportunity to contribute.