Head of Business – Amsterdam
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Business to join our growing Amsterdam team. The Head of Business will report directly into the Managing Director and you will need to work closely to deliver against the company’s goals.
The Head of Business will have ultimate responsibility for delivering against agreed financial billing targets and be responsible for the success and growth of your client portfolio. You will also be responsible for the make-up and performance of your team as well as headcount management, billing per head and average salary per head targets.
Your role will be to lead your Division and ensure the teams within your division are performing in line with our culture of excellence framework. You will have in-depth knowledge and understanding of their current and future client portfolio, with an emphasis on what it takes for the team to deliver projects within deadlines to a high standard, though the Head of Business should not be directly involved in the delivery.
You will work closely with the other Head of Business’ on new business ensuring the delivery of proposals and pitches to support agency growth and meet billing targets.
You will also lead the team in knowledge sharing, creating regular opportunities for cross-team learning and up-skilling. You will celebrate successes and highlight opportunities for growth amongst the team, exploring efficiencies and new ways of working to maximise turnover and results.
You will be a motivated and inspiring leader who can drive the team to achieve their optimum performance. You will possess exceptional coaching and effective listening skills and be a real people person, engaging with both new and long-standing team members identifying their strengths and development areas.
You will be creative, innovative and have a consultative approach when dealing with clients. You will be expected to maintain a high retention rate, developing long term relationships with clients.
Areas of Responsibility:
– Direct Line-management for team leads
– Oversee the development of each member of your division. You will have ultimate responsibility for KPIs, 121s, reviews and training but can delegate management responsibility to others to deliver.
– Work closely with the Operations Manager to forecast future hires and support the recruitment process for those roles, this will include interviews and creating tasks.
– Attend bi-weekly new business meetings to stay up to date on the pipeline. You will be required to work closely with the other Head of Business’ to onboard all incoming clients to your division and assign the team to deliver the work.
– Oversee and exact quality control on the delivery of services across your division to ensure smooth client management with the aim to retain and grow our clients.
– Regularly monitor and report back on your division’s financial performance against the targets set. This includes your annual revenue target and billing per head.
– Regularly touch base with the clients in your division to maintain informative, positive relationships with your key contacts. Share updates with your team(s) to ensure everyone is kept informed on the status of the relationship and internal client news. Encourage your team(s) to also foster these relationships with other key contacts at each client.
– Work closely with the Production Manager to ensure staff utilisation reports present an accurate representation of your division.
– Setting a precedent and being an example to team members; time management, arrival times, quality of work, positive impact during team meetings, challenging assumptions and looking for solutions to challenges.
– Sharing and presenting internal learnings with the wider team with in-depth knowledge of Insight & Listening Tools with the ability to train your direct reports.
– Work closely with the Production Manager, highlighting any areas for improvement; clarity of briefs, smooth running of processes and communication between teams.
– Being an active member of the industry and promoting agency awareness; leading/attending events, workshops, speaker opportunities and blog posts.
Wilderness values diversity and we are committed to providing a working environment in which all staff members are recognised and provided with equal opportunity to contribute.